Manhattans are a sexy drink that can be enjoyed straight up or on the rocks. I personally enjoy them stirred and never shaken with one large whisky ice cube to melt slowly and seductively to enjoy the complexity of our Bar-Tonic Black Walnut Fig Bitter. Yes, size does matter with the ice cube. Make it count with one large cube!
- 2 oz. Eagle Rare more for smooth and easy after dinner dessert or Four Roses Small Batch for a little bite pre- dinner casual affair
- ½ oz. Sweet Vermouth
- ¼ oz. Heering Cherry Liquor
- ~1 ml. Bar-Tonic Black Walnut & Fig Bitter
- 1 Turbinado sugar cube
- Garnish Luxardo Cherry (soaked in vermouth to rinse off syrup)
- Add turbinado sugar cube to the bar mixing glass pitcher, drop 1 ml of Bar-Tonics Black Walnut & Fig Bitters on the sugar cube, add ¼ oz. Heering Cherry liqueur and muddle sugar cube.
- Add ½ oz sweet vermouth, 2 oz. Eagle Rare Bourbon (or Four Roses Small Batch) and stir for 30 seconds.
- Prep a double Old-Fashioned glass with one large whisky ice cube, add 8 drops of Bar-Tonics Black Walnut & Fig Bitter to the top of the ice cube.
- Pour mixed cocktail in the glass over the ice cube, garnish with a Luxardo cherry with the syrup rinsed (with vermouth or bourbon)